Here is a place where I document all of my projects that I work on. Some are Arduino based, other have no electronics at all. This is my junk drawer of projects collection.
Hidden Row Data
A simple Google Add-on that lets you see and save hidden (meta) data on each row in a Google Sheets. I used this project to save some data on a sheet we use at work. This allowed me to save data without making it too public so we could save different IDs to each user that was listed on a row.
Messji - An Android App
A messenger app that counts and limits your char (but not emojis 😉). The bulk of the project was spent on getting the backbones for a messenger app built. However, to spice up the app, depending on the day different emojis have different impacts on your daily limit of characters that you can send. For example, if you get a camel on Wednesday, you get a special bonus.
Spoons - A Node.js App
This web application is a built on node.js and is used to facilitate a game of spoons. The primary objective was to provide a working interface between the database and the user. Node turned out to be an excellent backbone for building this site. The styling is accomplished through a Bootstrap theme.
Our office needed to assign appointments made on Acuity to representative. After giving it some thought and experimenting with the software, I found that Acuity could sync with Google Calendar. From there I could use Google App Script to add these appointments to a Google Sheet which could be used to assign each appointment to a representative.
Bulk Change Google Sheets
In connection with the ‘Trello on Google Script’ project, this code will take a list of Google Sheet IDs and make changes to every sheet on the list. The tricky part was getting it to work with more than 1200 sheets. This script became necessary as we began to improve the transition process that used the sheets to track progress.
Trello on Google Script
A large project from work that takes a Google Form and creates a Trello Card when a response is submitted. The code also creates a Google Doc for every response based on the answers given. The project was used to organize a multi-department project to switch out the schools LMS. The form was sent to faculty who wanted to transition to the new LMS.
Raspberry Pi Jumbotron
The raspberry jumbotron is my collection of codes and terminal lines I ran to get a kiosk functioning at my work. Every hour it updates the webpage and every night it restarts. When powered up the raspberry pi goes to a URL, which in this case is a public Google Slide. This allowed everyone on our team to contribute to our office’s jumbotron that shares announcements and fun tips.
Learning Ruby of Rails
This is my follow along coding project from the Lynda course on learning Ruby on Rails. Previously I have made a twitter clone following the Rails for Zombies course. I like the Rails programming environment and find its prioritization of convention over configuration to not only help save time but also keep your site organized. It is an excellent language in my opinion.
AtTiny Flower Pot
This flower pot has a built-in sensor that detects when the soil is dry and lets you know. The circuit uses an ATtiny85 as the brain and copper tape as the sensor. For me, this project was the first published creation of my own original thought. It wasn’t a copy of someone else’s work with my own twist. It was fun putting different pieces together to create my own masterpiece.
Programing AtTiny with Arduino
A quick guide on getting the Arduino IDE to upload code to an Attiny chip. I created this instructable after experiencing some difficulties trying to get the Arduino IDE to work with the Attiny chip. I think my biggest take away was posting my own solution to the internet in the hopes that someone else wouldn’t have to experience it. After using so many online tutorials to learn how to code, it felt great to contribute back in my own little way. .
AtTiny Dark Detector
This little project makes an ATtiny tell you when it is dark or bright. This project is an excellent introduction to the capabilities of the ATtiny85 chip. One of the biggest takeaways for me was learning how to document a project that others could use. I encountered some difficulties with programming the ATtiny chip but after a bit of googling everything was working great. To date, this instructable has 2.6k views.